Ohio Legislature Approves Capital Budget
COLUMBUS – State Representative Ron Ferguson (R-Wintersville) today announced the favorable passage of House Bill 687—the state’s biennial capital appropriations bill—from the Ohio House and Senate. The legislation includes funding for a number of projects in Belmont, Jefferson, and Monroe Counties.
“The projects receiving funding through House Bill 687 are important to the communities of the 96th House District,” said Ferguson.
Local projects receiving funding include the following:
- Belmont Total: $850,000
- Belmont Agricultural Center: $375,000
- Powhatan Point Municipal Park District: $150,000
- Bellaire Walking Trail: $50,000
- Martins Ferry Recreation Center- Water Splash Park/Ice Rink: $50,000
- Jefferson Total: $400,000
- Wintersville Recreation Complex: $100,000
- Steubenville Grand Theater: $300,000
- Monroe Total: $335,000
- Wellness at the General Recreation Complex- Construction: $200,000
- Woodsfield Monroe Theatre: $135,000
Additionally, Rep. Ferguson supports efforts in this budget to secure our schools. State highlights include $100 million for school safety grants, which will help public and private schools address local building security needs.
The legislation now heads to the Governor for signature.