State Representative Gary Scherer (R-Circleville) today announced the schedule of the House Tax Reform Legislative Study Committee.
A total of five hearings will be held through August and September:
• August 14: Ohio University Chillicothe Branch (101 University Drive, Chillicothe, OH 45601); 10 a.m. All taxes except municipal income taxes.
• August 21: University of Cincinnati East Branch (1981 James E. Sauls Sr. Drive, Batavia, OH 45103); 10 a.m. All taxes except municipal income taxes.
• September 3: Bowling Green City Council Chambers (304 North Church Street, Bowling Green, OH 43402); 10 a.m. All taxes except municipal income taxes.
• September 12: North Ridgeville City Council Chambers (7307 Avon Belden Road, North Ridgeville, OH 44039); 10 a.m. All taxes except municipal income taxes.
• September 17: Ohio Statehouse (1 Capitol Square, Columbus, OH 43215), room to be determined; 1 p.m. Municipal income taxes only.
The Tax Reform Study Committee is one of three study committees being conducted this summer by the Ohio House of Representatives. The other two are the Higher Education Reform Study Committee chaired by Representative Cliff Rosenberger and the Prescription Drug Addiction and Healthcare Reform Study Committee chaired by Representative Robert Sprague.
“I look forward to getting these committee hearings underway,” Scherer said. “It will be very beneficial to the General Assembly to hear citizens bring forth ideas and concerns regarding tax policies in Ohio.”
The first four hearings will include discussions on all state and local taxes with the exception of the municipal income tax, which will be the only topic for discussion during the September 17th committee meeting at the Ohio Statehouse.
Anyone wishing to offer testimony should submit a written version of the testimony to Alex Goodman at (614)644-7928 or Alex.Goodman@ohiohouse.gov by noon the day before each hearing. Due to the limited time available for testimony, Chairman Scherer asks that it is limited to five minutes per presentation to allow adequate time for questions and conversation.