COLUMBUS—State Representative Bob Cupp (R-Lima) today released the list of individuals who will be serving on the Ohio House Speaker’s Task Force on Education and Poverty, which he chairs.
The following individuals will serve alongside Rep. Cupp on the task force:
• Rep. Margy Conditt (R-Liberty Township)
• Rep. Darrell Kick (R-Loudonville)
• Rep. Janine Boyd (D-Cleveland Heights)
• Dr. Bob Mengerink (Superintendent, Cuyahoga County ESC)
• Anthony Knickerbocker (Career and Technical Education Director, Lancaster City Schools)
• John Stack (President and Owner, Cambridge Education Group)
• Karen Boch (Superintendent, Wellston School District)
• Dr. Thomas Maridada II (CEO, BRIGHT New Leaders for Ohio Schools)
• Hannah Powell (Executive Director, KIPP Columbus)
The purpose of the task force is to examine the issue of poverty and education and, in particular, the achievement gap related to that circumstance. The end goal is both to generate information that will be useful to members of the General Assembly in their deliberations on education policy and to derive some practicable and proven-effective strategies from this effort that can be supported and enhanced by legislative and state policy.
“I am grateful for all of the individuals who have agreed to be a part of this task force, and I look forward to getting started,” Cupp said. “We will be delving into one of the most significant issues currently facing education in Ohio, and I am confident that the ideas and insights shared during our task force meetings will help the legislature when addressing these issues moving forward.”
The first meeting of the task force will be held Thursday, July 27th in Columbus.