State Rep. Derek Merrin (R-Monclova) is encouraging small business owners across Fulton and Lucas counties to submit their story of how they’ve been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Ohio 2020 Economic Recovery Task Force is launching the initiative to help further understand the magnitude of the coronavirus on Ohio’s economy.
“This is an opportunity for small business owners to share their story, perspective and advice on how Ohio should move forward,” said Merrin. “Many businesses have been devastated and will permanently close if government restrictions are not removed or significantly revised. These business owners’ voices need to be heard.”
Once submitted, the task force is reviewing and inviting owners throughout the state to participate in virtual meetings to explain the impact in greater detail.
If you have a business, you can email Ohio2020@ohiohouse.gov the following information:
- Name and location of the business
- Number of employees
- Years in business
- Contact information for business owners (email, phone number)
- Brief description of nature of the business
Additionally, businesses can submit written responses to the task force. If submitting or speaking before the task force, the panel asks businesses focus on the following points:
- If/how they are able to operate during the coronavirus.
- What kind of financial strains have been brought on by this? If they have been in business for many years, how has this been compared to other financial downturns?
- What kinds of obstacles do they see ahead of them once they are able to fully open up again?
- Any governmental roadblocks ahead that the legislature should be aware of?
- Any ideas that they might have on protocols they believe would be helpful to return to work while maintaining a level of safety to provide confidence to their customers?