COLUMBUS – State Rep. Jessica E. Miranda (D-Forest Park) announced that the State Controlling Board approved over $96 million to the Department of Transportation in order to begin infrastructure improvements throughout the state. These funds will provide contract plans, environmental investigations, planning services, construction inspections, bridge inspections, and right of way acquisition serves for various projects.
“I am thrilled that the State Controlling Board has approved more infrastructure funding towards our great state. This funding will make certain that our roads, bridges, and highways are supporting the safety and success of all Ohioans,” said Rep. Miranda. “Additionally, the funds to support our State Opioid Response will guarantee that all our counties, including our Opioid Task Force here in Hamilton County, will have access to the resources they need to help combat the opioid epidemic.”
Additionally, $33 million was approved to the Department of Health (ODH) to continue supporting Ohio’s COVID-19 response to reduce health disparities and support local vaccine administration efforts. This approved funding will allow ODH to use the remainder of the federal funds made available through the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 and the American Rescue Plan to continue work that will reduce health disparities in Ohio’s vulnerable communities as well as support vaccine administration efforts.
Other approved items include:
· Over $20 million to the Department of Disabilities for increased community social service program regarding early intervention;
· Over $2 million to the Department of Mental Health for public health campaigns targeting young adults regarding drug and alcohol misuse;
· Over $1.9 million to the Commission on Minority Health in support of the State’s Opioid Response;
· Over $1.3 million to the Department of Education to support school safety and threat assessment training;
· Over $600,000 to the Department of Jobs and Family Services to continue program operations;
· $250,000 to the Department of Development for state trade and export production.